Bronze lost wax investment castings are made of bronze (alloy of copper and tin) produced by investment casting process. At our investment casting foundry, we could provide custom and CNC machining services as per your requirements.
The alloys of copper with tin are called bronzes. The hardness and strength of bronze increase with an crease in tin content. The ductility is also reduced with the increase in tin percentage above 5. When aluminium is also added(4 to 11%), the resulting alloy is termed aluminium bronze, which has a considerably higher corrosion resistance. Bronzes are comparatively costly compared to brasses due to the presence of tin which is an expensive metal.
Like many other alloys, copper and copper-based alloys can be formed into highly complex parts, making them ideal for the investment casting process. Constant cost fluctuations can make these materials very price sensitive, making waste very costly, especially when considering CNC machining and/or forging as a manufacturing process to produce your production part. Pure copper is not usually cast.
Ferrous and Non-ferrous Materials for Investment Casting, Lost Wax Casting Process:
• Carbon Steel: AISI 1020 - AISI 1060,
• Steel Alloys: ZG20SiMn, ZG30SiMn, ZG30CrMo, ZG35CrMo, ZG35SiMn, ZG35CrMnSi, ZG40Mn, ZG40Cr, ZG42Cr, ZG42CrMo...etc on request.
• Stainless Steel: AISI 304, AISI 304L, AISI 316, AISI 316L, 1.4404, 1.4301 and other stainless steel grade.
• Brass, Red Copper, Bronze or other Copper-based alloy metals
• Other Materials as per your unique requirements or according to ASTM, SAE, AISI, ACI, DIN, EN, ISO, and GB standards