CARBON STEEL LOST WAX INVESTMENT CASTING
- Casting Metals
- Cast Carbon Steel
- Casting Manufacturing
- Investment Casting
- Surface Treatment
It is easy to give a rough cost of a custom casting, but very difficult to provide the exact cost before we analyze the drawings and detailed requirements. Because when we calculate the cost per kilogram of steel casting, it is a engineering and professional work and we should be responsible for the offered quotation.
Carbon Steel Lost Wax Investment Casting from Chinese investment casting manufacturer. The carbon steel cast by investment casting could be divided into low carbon steel, medium carbon steel and high carbon steel. The chemical composition and mechanical properties of the carbon steel castings will be indicated on the testing reports issued by our professional quality control department.
▶ Capabilities of Investment Casting Foundry
• Max Size: 1,000 mm × 800 mm × 500 mm
• Weight Range: 0.5 kg - 100 kg
• Annual Capacity: 2,000 tons
• Bond Materials for Shell Building: Silica Sol, Water Glass and their mixtures.
• Tolerances: On Request.
▶ Main Production Procedure of Investment Casting
• Patterns & Tooling Design → Metal Die Making → Wax Injection → Slurry Assembly → Shell Building → De-Waxing → Chemical Composition Analysis → Melting & Pouring → Cleaning, Grinding & Shot Blasting → Post Processing or Packing for Shipment
▶ Inspecting Lost Wax Castings
• Spectrographic and manual quantitative analysis
• Metallographic analysis
• Brinell, Rockwell and Vickers hardness inspection
• Mechanical property analysis
• Low and normal temperature impact testing
• Cleanliness inspection
• UT, MT and RT inspection
▶ Post-Casting Process
• Deburring & Cleaning
• Shot Blasting / Sand Peening
• Heat Treatment: Normalization, Quench, Tempering, Carburization, Nitriding
• Surface Treatment: Passivation, Anodizing, Electroplating, Hot Zinc Plating, Zinc Plating, Nickel Plating, Polishing, Electro-Polishing, Painting, GeoMet, Zintec.
• Machining: Turning, Milling, Lathing, Drilling, Honing, Grinding.
▶ Advantages of Investment Casting Components:
• Excellent and smooth surface finish
• Tight dimensional tolerances.
• Complex and intricate shapes with design flexibility
• Capability to cast thin walls therefore a lighter casting component
• Wide selection of cast metals and alloys (ferrous and non-ferrous)
• Draft is not required in the molds design.
• Reduce the need for secondary machining.
• Low material waste.
▶ Fast Solutions for Complex Requirements from a Single Source
With the lastest state-of-the-art technology and dedicated workers, OBT will support you from the planning stage through to delivery. We involve the project together from engineering, designing, tool making, trial casting, measurement and mass production.