BRONZE VACUUM CASTING PRODUCT
- Cast Metal
- Bronze, Copper-based Alloy
- Casting Process
- Vacuum Casting (V-Process Casting)
- Surface Treatment
- Shot Blasting + Machining
- Shot Blasting + Machining
- Annealing + Quenching + Tempering
Bronze is a kind of copper-based alloy with Tin. The hardness and strength of bronze increase with an increase in Tin content. The ductility is also reduced with the increase in tin percentage above 5. When aluminium is also added (4 to 11%), the resulting alloy is termed aluminium bronze, which has a considerably higher corrosion resistance. Bronzes are comparatively costly compared to brasses due to the presence of tin which is an expensive metal. China bronze vacuum casting product with CNC machining services and OEM custom services.
Vacuum Casting is also called Negative Pressure Sealed Casting, Reduced Pressure Casting or V Process Casting. Vacuum pressure casting requires the use of air extraction equipment to extract the air inside the casting mold, and then use the pressure difference between the inside and outside of the mold to cover the heated plastic film on the pattern and template. The casting mold will become strong enough to withstand the molten metal during casting. After obtaining the vacuum mold, fill the sand box with dry sand without binder, and then seal the top surface of the sand mold with the plastic film, followed by vacuum to make the sand firm and tight. After that, remove the mold, put the sand cores, close the mold to make everthing ready for pouring. Finally, the casting is obtained after the molten metal is cooled and solidified.
Advantages of Vacuum Casting Process
1) The vacuum castings have high dimensional accuracy, clear outline and smooth surface.
Because the surface of the model is covered with plastic film, there is no need to vibrate or knock when pull the mold. The suction and negative pressure make the molding sand compact, and the hardness of the sand mold is high and uniform. Under the heat of molten metal, the cavity is not easy to deform. Moreover, the existence of negative pressure is conducive to the full filling of molten metal into the model. The surface roughness of V process castings can reach Ra = 25 ~ 2.5μm. The dimensional tolerance level of castings can reach CT5 ~ CT7. The appearance quality of negative pressure castings is good, and the internal quality is reliable.
2) There are no binders, water and additives in the molding sand, which makes the sand processing simple.
3) It is simple to clean the vacuum castings. Less harmful gases are generated during the casting process.
4) The vacuum castings could be used at a wide range of industries. It can be used for single-piece small batch production as well as mass production, especially large and medium-sized castings and thin-walled castings are more suitable for vacuum casting.