Gray Cast Iron Lost Foam Casting Company from China with OEM Custom and CNC Machining Services.
Lost Foam Casting, also known as Full Mold Casting, or Cavityless Molding Casting, refers to a casting method that combines foam patterns with dry sand molding. The molten metal directly fills and replaces the space occupied by the original plastic mold, and directly obtains the required casting after cooling. The foam pattern is directly vaporized during the metal casting process, so the lost foam casting does not require mold removal. At most lost foam casting foundries, the commonly used pattern material is polystyrene.
Cast iron is an iron-carbon cast alloy with other elements that is made by remelting pig iron, scrap, and other additions. For differentiation from steel and cast steel, cast iron is deﬁned as a cast alloy with a carbon content (min 2.03%) that ensures the solidiﬁcation of the ﬁnal phase with a eutectic transformation.
Depending on chemical speciﬁcations, cast irons can be non- alloyed or alloyed. The range of alloyed irons is much wider, and they contain either higher amounts of common components, such as silicon and manganese, or special additions, such as nickel, chromium, aluminum, molybdenum, tungsten, copper, vana- dium, titanium, plus others. Generally speaking, the cast iron could be divided into gray iron, ducitle iron (nodular iron), white cast iron, compacted graphite iron and malleable cast iron.
Raw Materials Available for Lost Foam Casting
• Gray Iron: GJL-100, GJL-150, GJL-200, GJL-250, GJL-300, GJL-350
• Ductile Iron: GJS-400-18, GJS-40-15, GJS-450-10, GJS-500-7, GJS-600-3, GJS-700-2, GJS-800-2
• Aluminium and Their Alloys
• Other Materials and Standards on request
Capabilities of Lost Foam Casting:
• Max Size: 1,500 mm × 1000 mm × 500 mm
• Weight Range: 0.5 kg - 500 kg
• Annual Capacity: 5,000 tons - 6,000 tons
• Tolerances: On Request.
Main Production Procedure
Patterns & Tooling Design → Making Patterns → Moulding Process → Chemical Composition Analysis → Melting & Pouring → Cleaning, Grinding & Shot Blasting → Post Processing or Packing for Shipment
Lost Foam Casting Inspection Capabilities
• Spectrographic and manual quantitative analysis
• Metallographic analysis
• Brinell, Rockwell and Vickers hardness inspection
• Mechanical property analysis
• Low and normal temperature impact testing
• Cleanliness inspection
• UT, MT and RT inspection
• Deburring & Cleaning
• Shot Blasting / Sand Peening
• Heat Treatment: Normalization, Quench, Tempering, Carburization, Nitriding
• Surface Treatment: Passivation, Andonizing, Electroplating, Hot Zinc Plating, Zinc Plating, Nickel Plating, Polishing, Electro-Polishing, Painting, GeoMet, Zintec
• CNC Machining: Turning, Milling, Lathing, Drilling, Honing, Grinding,
General Commerial Terms
• Main work flow: Inquiry & Quotation → Confirming Details / Cost Reduction Proposals → Tooling Development → Trial Casting → Samples Approval → Trial Order → Mass Production → Continuous Order Proceeding
• Lead time: Estimatedly 15-25 days for tooling development and estimatedly 20 days for mass production.
• Payment Terms: To be negotiated.
• Payment methods: T/T, L/C, West Union, Paypal.